Hitchin Priory Hall

 

 

This is the big hall that sits above the west part of the cloisters in The Priory in Hitchin – Confusingly ‘The Priory’ was really a Carmelite Friary founded in 1317 and was renamed to ‘The Priory’ when the house was added on to the Friary at a much later date. What we now know as ‘The Biggin’, used to be Hitchin’s Gilbertine ‘Priory of Newbiggin’ founded in 1361.

Comments are closed.

Categories
Archives
October 2017
M T W T F S S
« Apr    
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  
Subscribe